Dr. Zalekha Shair remains one of Metro Vein Clinic’s well-trained, experienced and friendly doctors. Dr. Shair has more than 11 years of experience as a vein doctor and completed a residency as a general surgeon. The American Board of Surgery and the American College of Surgeons have board certified her to treat vein disorders. She offers several suggestions for keeping your veins healthy and reducing the symptoms of varicose veins.
Varicose veins https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/cosmetic-procedures-spider-veins#1 in the legs are large and swollen veins in the legs which can be easily seen through the skin. Compare varicose veins to spider veins, which are small veins that are also easily seen on the surface of the legs.
A few treatment options exist to soothe sore legs with varicose veins. Your vein doctor, Dr. Zalekha Shair, may suggest several options for treatment before vein surgery becomes necessary.
Support stockings are not just for old people anymore. If you have sore legs due to swollen veins, wearing support hose that fit appropriately can relieve these symptoms. Support hosiery remains available at pharmacies and through surgical supply stores. They come in a variety of lengths to suit your taste and comfort.
Changes in Lifestyle
Several lifestyle changes may also improve the way your legs look. Some of these lifestyle changes include:
- Walking. Standing up all day long can cause varicose veins, but your vein doctor may recommend that you walk for exercise routinely to keep the blood flowing appropriately through your leg veins.
- Lose some weight. For many women and men, having additional unneeded pounds can put extra pressure on your leg veins, causing them to become unsightly and even uncomfortable. You might be surprised how much difference losing a few pounds can make on how your legs feel.
- Gentle massage. Using gentle massage keeps the blood flowing through your legs and feels terrific, too. Just be sure that the massage remains a gentle one, as rougher massages may only cause more pain.
- Mud packs ( http://myremedies.info/top-6-varicose-vein-home-remedies-that-really-work/3/) sound messy but are very soothing to your leg veins. Clay mud packs help your leg veins feel better by reducing pain and swelling while detoxifying your skin, too.
- Eat a healthy diet. Be sure to include foods that help you maintain a low homocysteine level in your blood. To achieve this goal, you’ll need to eat foods with B complex, B6, B9, and B12 in your daily diet routine to keep your blood veins in top shape.
- Try using horse chestnut http://myremedies.info/top-6-varicose-vein-home-remedies-that-really-work/6/ as a supplement. Aesculus hippocastanum, or the horse chestnut plant, contains the ingredient Aescin, which stops enzymes from damaging the inside of blood vessels.
If these techniques don’t work to help your swollen veins feel better, if your leg veins continue to hurt often, or if you merely want your unsightly leg veins gone, stop in for a consultation with Dr. Zalekha Shair. Metro Vein Centers has offices in Michigan, Texas, New Jersey and New York to help your legs look and feel their very best. Contact Metro Vein Clinic to discuss your varicose vein treatment options today.